On this page you will be able to order Megillah scrolls. The standard Megilla scroll has 20 columns of text consisting of 21 lines. The first word at the top of each column is “Hamelech” i.e. the King. This recent custom is based on the idea that the hidden hand of G-d’s providence is present everywhere even in the darkest exile. The Jews could only see the visible Persian King who ruled them, but it truth the real King of Kings was always in control.
There are two choices for you to make: Use the drop down menue.
First you will chose the writing form. There are 3 possibilities.
- Arizal. This writing form is favored by Hassidic Communities influenced by the Kabbalah and the Zohar as understood by the Ari –Rabbi Yitzhak Luria.
- Bet Yosef, favored by Western Ashkenaz Communities, who value the precision of how the letters are composed out of their “basic building blocks.”
- Sefaradi, favored by Eastern Jewish Communities from Morocco to India. All thse communities are strongly influence by the Zohar and the Kabbalah of the Ari
Next you will chose the quality of the writing. There are 3 possibilities:
- The basic quality offered is called “Kosher Lechatchila.” This means that all the letters are properly formed formed. However, some non-essential aspects of the letters will not be present.
- A higher level is called “Mehudar.” This means that all the proper aspects of the letters, both essential and non-essential are present.
- The next level is called “Beautiful Mehudar.” This means that in adddition to all the desirable aspects of the letters being present, the letters are balanced, possessing beautiful proportions between their basic elements.
Specialized Megillot, such as “Non-Hamelech Megillot” or “11 Line Megillot” should be ordered using the contact us page.